COVID-19 Vaccine Update (3/18)
It’s with great excitement that I share that South Orange, in conjunction with our amazing partners in Maplewood, is releasing details of Essex County’s vaccination plan. You can access our full Covid-19 Vaccine Overview here to familiarize yourself with all details that are currently available.
Some highlights include the following:
- Essex County will be distributing the Moderna vaccine, which requires two doses separated by roughly four weeks.
- Our community’s vaccination site is the former Sears at Livingston Mall (112 Eisenhower Parkway) which will be open Monday-Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- While the vaccine will be available this week, it will be administered initially to priority populations such as healthcare workers, long-term care residents, and essential workers; after that will be older adults and those with high-risk medical conditions. The general population will then follow in phase 2.
- The vaccine will be administered by appointment only; to make an appointment, visit www.EssexCOVID.org or call 973-877-8456 (remember, at this stage only healthcare workers and individuals in LTC facilities are eligible to begin registering).
- The goal is to have 70 percent of New Jersey residents vaccinated by Spring 2021.
We are in need of volunteers, can you please help?
Our County needs a large number of volunteers to ensure the success of a robust and efficient vaccination effort. This includes:
- Administration/Clerical Volunteers
- Vaccine Administrator Volunteers (qualified individuals with a nursing or medical background to be part of our inoculation team)
I plan to sign up to help, and I hope you will too because we really need all hands on deck!
Volunteers will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination to ensure their health and safety. Volunteers are asked to commit to an entire day; a continental breakfast and boxed lunch will be provided. All volunteers will be supplied with PPE (masks, face shields, gloves, and gowns).
- For medical professionals – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXC0l-q2tI9yCNegWxKv69RqQTTnvTD_dS8OULlCGYpJUiHA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- For non medical professionals – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdy25OMRo0mdkAJCnFQCKGtjJeWfJ2BrOAB-poo_katMzp71w/viewform?usp=sf_link
Please be safe during the holiday season, and we’ll share more details as they become available. There is some light at the end of the tunnel — but in the meantime, please continue to protect yourself and care for your fellow community members.